Note: This job posting has no set closed date. It is a prospective hiring posting and will remain open until the perfect candidate is found. If no such candidate is found, CEHV may choose to fill other roles instead.
Our Hacker-In-Residence (HIR) is a technical role that will balance both advisory and management work with actual code contribution.
On the average day the goal of the HIR will be to:
- Review and advise the GP as to the technical configuration of potential investment companies.
- Review and advise the GP as to the technical abilities of potential investment company founders.
- Advise and mentor portfolio companies, helping them to overcome technical challenges, and thinking through technical management challenges such as their contributor workflow and security.
- Manage, oversee and direct any in-house engineering talent at CEHV.
- Support portfolio companies in technical interviews when they are hiring for their first senior technical roles.
- Lead the technical direction for CEHV's in-house or incubated products.
- Prototype and build in-house tooling for CEHV, including DeFi products and trade tooling infrastructure.
- Contribute to DeFi projects incubated by CEHV.
- Lead technical governance proposals and research for CEHV portfolio companies.
This role is a senior role and considered part of our investment and management teams. It is not just a role for technical contributors.
Who you are:
- You are the kind of person who likes to strike a balance between getting their hands dirty in code, while still finding time to discuss, research and review abstract technical challenges.
- You are relentlessly curious and love to tinker in new technologies. You pick them up fast and believe in pushing quick, iterative prototypes like any lean startup.
- You enjoy building relationships with other developers, managing people and mentoring a team both internal and external.
- You closely follow the blockchain and defi space and are intellectually fueled by the innovations in the space.
- You are used to being an individual contributor.
- You prefer being quick to being a perfectionist.
- You have 7-10+ years of technical experience.
- You are highly experienced in either Rust, C or C++ (with our preference being Rust).
- You have a deep understanding of the blockchain and cryptocurrency space and smart contract systems.
- You have managed your own server infrastructure at scale.
- You have managed/led technical teams.
- Individuals with backgrounds in technical solutions for finance, trade engines, or who have worked on defi or dapp products previously.
- Experience with Solana (or at least other stateless smart contract systems)
- Experience with Solidity and Web3
This role features a rare opportunity to earn fund carry (a portion of fund profits) as it is considered part of the technical team.